Monday, October 17, 2011

wishing for grey skies




     










This film footage was never intended to be the actual footage I would take home to work with. There was a small window where is rained and I ran down to the beach to start filming without the high contrast light new zealand is so famous for.  
After less than twenty minutes of filming the sun came out again and forced us to stop filming. I asked to stay an extra night up at the castle so I could have a chance for grey skies and bad weather in the hope that I could film some more. 
I looked through the drafts collected that day and fell in love with the hairy log and my hair.  we stayed another night. but the sun shone and shone the next day.

 On reflection , there is something about this footage and my lack of control ( as someone else had t film most of it) and the fact that I had to work with what I had first regarded as just a draft that I really like.

 It's not usual for me to not be in control of my create process and it was the polo opposite  to my persistence to get it right in my 93 attempts at the licking video. In that way I think they go together. They compliment each other in their differences. 

No comments:

Post a Comment