please note: almost ALL PHOTOS of my work are SCREEN SHOTS from VIDEO WORKS. becuase the files were too large to upload they will be handed in seperately.
Tuesday, October 11, 2011
THE CHOSEN ONES
'Long strips of bacon
The length of her body
Covered in BBQ sauce'
[ include something seemingly edible but not in an everyday context. covering something with sauce might be too literal...?
something unsettling . Could work as a performance piece. ]
'In a room
Full of fluro pink
Furniture
A Blonde haired girl
In pink lace lingerie
Is acting out
The porn she watching
On TV
As though it's
Winsor Pilates
Down stairs
Directly underneath her
A posh dinner party
Is taking place
They can hear her
Through the floor'
[This is one of my favourite scenes from my dreams. I love the contrast between the posh dinner party and the normality of the porn . There is a tragic air about it all. suburban pink. I want to recreate something form this scene, though not directly. Maybe acting out an inappropriate task. repeated. over and over again . until it becomes ordinary. Stripped - or party stripped, as I want to keep the erotic nature of the work - of its absurdity. Until it has the same nonchalant air of the Winsor palates. Could also have the mood of a bored house bound lonely women. But not sure I want to start going down that path.I would like to keep the domesticated location of this dream. Also to use the act of being heard. Or watched. But seemingly unaware at the same time. I think that may be one of the most important aspects of the whole dream. what ever I do, an audience is part of it. A sense of voyeurism deliberately present in the piece.]
'Time passes
With the changing light
Of the living room
I'm hit over the head
By a window
And an old lady
Yelling
"You sick freak!"
['TIme passes', reenact something repeated. hypnotic. domestic. a reoccurring theme of domestic environments. incorporate something g'sick' or inappropriate. something an older generation especially wouldn't appreciate]
'Three girls
Sucking him off
In a blossem papered
Living room
Three girls
Dancing
Holding hands
If they wanted to live'
'I dreamt we were all riding waves
Floating like gulls
In a deep blue sea
Sucking cocks
In a mass
Sea orgy'
' While She kept on
Licking
Like a cat
Her ski boot clean'
[This is also one of my most favourite and vivid dreams. A Girl on top of a Ferrari. in a Baywatch bikini. Wind blowing her hair. Licking her ski boot clean. While Horses Turned into Dogs. Turned into Ponies. Turned into horse. Up and down the old lawn. Somehow reenact this scene. something with a hair dryer and hair? on a car? lick a car? something repetitious]
' They watched silently
Lined up against the walls'
' Untouched and phony
The scene is both
Beautiful and unnerving'
[this sums up completely the aesthetic or mood I want to create in my films, or performances or pictures]
'Nothing lonelier
Than wanting to go home
And realising
You're already there'
'Grey
Blue
Up and down
The old lawn'
[colour palate. subtle colours]
'Heading towards me
Like some sad shark'
[gliding forwards. melancholic mood. reminiscent.]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment