After talking to bryce I decided the hallways ( which I had initially thought more of a homage to Lynch than a Shihad video clip!....) defiantly had to go. They played an integral role in change of direction for the rest of my film however. I played around with the sound and speed. The air con from the jazz school hallways and like the shift of pitch when I slowed it all down. I especially liked the moment of change between the correct speed - sound pitch- to the slowed down speed where it drops down a tone.
After experimenting with this , I decided I liked the ambient noise far more than the more musical soundtrack I had made for the log video. I trailed different speeds and decided on the one that bought the pedals and synths out to a drone.
below is a short clip from one of the pitch changing videos of the hall
Also , the video I had thought was almost finished ( which I am having a lot of difficulty locating and think I recorded over so cannot show the process...) changed dramatically after talking to bryce. The empty table I had thought fitted in some eerie way without sound and its abrupt arrival was too abrupt....so without the table and corridors bridging each clip I had to rethink how I wanted my video to feel.
As I was talking to bryce about this TIlly was laughing on the other side of the computer room at a bunch of crazed kittens on a kitten floor
The scene was so maddening and disturbing without meaning to be. watch video below
No comments:
Post a Comment